“ Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. ” • Albert Einstein •
- To satisfy my love with programming and problem solving
- To take part in cutting-edge projects to solve complicated real world problems
- To make an impact on our society and to make it a better place
- To keep my life balance
- AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate Level - GBXBWJE211VQ13CW
- A competitive programmer in modern programming languages including Golang, Ruby, Python
- Experienced in building highly available and fault tolerant distritbuted systems
- Experienced in designing and implementing solutions on the cloud; most recently used: OpenStack & AWS
- Experienced in working Ubuntu Linux server administration
- Experienced in building applications using micro-service architecture
- Experienced in building secured RESTful APIs
- Knowledgeable in different types of databases including SQL and NoSQL
- Knowledgeable in different design patterns and their applications
- Able to build usable products quickly using different technology stacks
- A very hungry learner! I am very fascinated by new technology and their applications
WORK RELATED EXPERIENCE
Head of Engineering - Tiki Corp., Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
October 2019 - Now
- In charge of the deliverable of the engineering team of TicketBox
- Design infrastructure and implement the core features
Engineering Lead - TrustingSocial, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
February 2018 - October 2019
- Revived a dead product name AVAY and made it the most important source of revenue for the company
- Lead the most elite team of the company to deliver web-scale lending platform for the Vietnam market
- Keen in identifying bottleneck and actively provide metrics and solutions for improvements
- Design and implement core features that provide measurable impact to the business
- Holding the engineering bar and maintaining best practices across organization
- Techstack: Go, Angular, NodeJS, Postgres, MariaDB, Redis, AWS...
Software Engineer III - UltimateSoftware Group Inc., Weston, Florida
March 2015 - February 2018
- Part of the elite team of three who built the first cloud platform for UltimateSoftware
- In charge of building and maintaining UltimateSoftware's deployment platform on top of OpenStack.
- Played a key role in architecting and implementing PaaS products for deployment orchestration
- Was a team expert who provide mentorship and guidance to other teammates
- This project saved UltimateSoftware millions of dollar in deployment cost every year
- Techstack: Python, Ruby, Go, Zookeeper, OpenStack,...
Lead Engineer - RadiusOnline Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
December 2013 - November 2014
- Lead RadiusOnline core web development and mobile development team.
- Built backend APIs for RadiusOnline digital marketing platform
- Created and maintained web infrastructure for RadiusOnline Inc.
- Techstack: Rails, Bootstrap, Postgresql, JS, AWS...
College Wide Web Editor - The Collegian, Clarkston, Georgia
January 2011 - January 2012
- Managed The Collegian's website, in charge of its presentations and functions.
- Coded and extended The Collegian's website on demand, using PHP, HTML, Java Script and CSS.
- Created iPhone app called The C, for The Collegian and for Georgia Perimeter College using Objective C and PHP.
- Developed iOS applications in partnership with the Office of Information and Technology at Clarkston campus.
- Technology: Apache, Wordpress, PHP, HTML, JQuery
RECENT PUBLIC SIDE PROJECTS
Ez-Items - Student Market Place
- This is a simple web application that helps students easily list, search, and exchange items.
- Different than traditional bookstore, this one offers user the option to pre-request her items if it is not currently available. If the pre-requested items are listed, the requesters will be notified for exchanges.
- This product is currently still in its Beta phase and only accepts users with gsu.edu or gpc.edu email.
- Technology: Rails, EC2, S3, Lambda, Elasticsearch
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
- Summa Cum Laude - Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Highest Honor
- Georgia Tech Cooperative Plan
- Briaerean Honor Society Member
- Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society Member
RESTful API Design
Provisioning and Automation
Ruby On Rails
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2012 Outstanding Computer Science Student of the Year Award. 2012
- Second Place, Annual Gainesville Mathematics Tournament. 2012
- Martin Luther King Day of Service Award. 2011
- Member of the International Honor Society of Two-Year Colleges. 2010 - 2012
- 3rd place individual, 4th place team, Gainesville Math Tournament. 2011
- Best Newspaper Website 2 Year Division, Georgia Press Association. January 2011
- Recipient of GPC Foundation STEM - Merit Based Scholarship. August 2010
- Team Lead, RadiusOnline Inc. Dec 2013 - Nov 2014
- President, iPhone programing Club. Jan 2012 - Jun 2012
- Vice President, Math Club. Jan 2012 - Jun 2012
- Peer Leader, International Peer Assistant Program. Jan 2010 - Jun 2012
- Web Editor, The Collegian. Jan 2011 - Jan 2012
- Service Leader in Martin Luther King National Day of Service. 2011